Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Guesthouse

A reading I incorporated into my class this morning I wanted to share...

The Guest House

This being human is a guest house-
every morning a new arrival-

A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness
Comes as an unexpected visitor-

Welcome and entertain them all~
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows
Who violently sweep your house
Empty of it's furniture-

Still treat each guest honorably~
She may be clearing you out for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice~
meet them at the door laughing and invite them in-

Be grateful for whom ever comes~
Because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.


Light & Love

1 comment:

  1. love this! I've been leading a meditation class on wed. nights and I may use this:)

    ReplyDelete